Head Over Heels Animation Review (BSA 124)

Head Over Heels Animation Review

Image result for head over heels animation

Hi guys! For the stop motion class today we are watching Head Over Heels animation which is pretty cool! This animation has been nominated for the best short animation film in Oscar. This animation tells the story of 2 elderly couples who live upside down. Everything they do seems disconnected with one another, even though both of them love each other deep down in their hearts. The story is very unusual and unique and I think that's the reason why this film is nominated as one of the bests. If you guys see all of the details they put in the sets you'll be amased! All those little stuff such as the shoe racks, the dirts and cracks on the wall, and the texture of the floor and other little things are fabolous! I really recommend this film for those who haven't got any inspirations yet for their works and if you're bored in the weekends.
After seeing this stop motion, my mind is being opened to a new border of animation actually. I never think of such a wonderful story and concepts, and I would like to develop those concepts in my group project later on. One of the things that I will put on practise obviously will be the amount of details being used. In my opinion, details help audiences to understand the story of our animation more and to build certain atmosphere.

Today as well, me and Megan are starting to work on the sets, since Chloe is not feeling well today (get well soon Chloe!!!) so we decided to build the game UI first. Last week we have cut the wood with a saw (which is pretty harrddd haha) so it lesser a little bit of our work this time. For the upper layer of the UI, I'm using several coloured papers (which is big and quite thick) such as orange for the sky, blue & white for the UI, green for all the hills and grass, and finally brown for the background's house and windmill. To give more realistic sensation for the UI, me and Megan decided to use card boards for the ground layer and some for the backgrounds. It was pretty messy haha since we cut and stick which is all around the place. Because we don't have enough time doing it all just for 4 hours, so we gonna meet up this Saturday and continue on doing it.

I'm in charge on the UI, so there are still some stuff that I have to do after I got home. I've finished drawing and cutting the UI selection and later on I gonna make the clothes selection, colour it, and print out the basic game video character and stick it on the top of a card board. I will bring some of my art decorations and make it even prettier:) We might finish making up the UI this Saturday and continue to build the real life sets, such as the lounge area, plus the couch.

These are the pictures of the stuff that we have been working on, pretty fun ey?

 The hills and grass for backgound.
We paint some of the card boards using poster paint which took quite some time to dry it off .      

Comments

Popular Posts