Storyboard Inspiration (Part 2) (BSA 127)

STORYBOARD INSPIRATION

Image result for overcomer animation

Recently I have been watching a short 2d animation called Overcomer from facebook which inspires me a lot, especially in the story plot. It is a story about a girl who just turned 18 and she feels that the world is so gloomy and boring, she always thinks herself as an unattractive girl and locked herself in her room. Whenever she sees other people's posting on instagram or facebook, it makes her realise that how lonely she is without any friends and that people hates her. In short, she dreams about herself and a little young girl (which is actually herself when she was younger) in a dark space. The little girl is very cheerful and full of passion and slowly becomes moody and down because of what the main characters feels (like saying she is not smart, not talented, and so on). The chains of anxiety and worry keep growing on the little girl until the point she can't stand up anymore and trapped inside of it. The only thing that changes the situation is when the main character hugs the little girl and said "You matter". I really really like this animation, even though there's no dialogue and its very very simple, but has a great value behind the story which is very touching.

The main reason I'm in love with this video is because couple months ago I've ever felt exactly the similar feelings just like the main character, the time when we are alone which is so depressing and it seems nobody cares. And I think this animation is the real reflection of me myself actually. So, I wanna make an animation that has moral, something that can change the way we think, something that we can actually get from it. Hopefully I can make it well :) Can't to wait to see it!

This is the link of the video and I really recommend you guys to watch it:

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamPoems/videos/1785768008377892/

Apparently there's a youtube link as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ui161NyTg

Thank you :) Have a great weekend! GBU

Comments

Popular Posts